- 1 medium chicken breast (approx 200g) or turkey breast, sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley or 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable (rapeseed) oil
- To serve:
- Reduced fat guacamole (Waitrose)
- 0% fat Greek yoghurt or reduced fat sour cream / crème fraiche
- 4-6 wholewheat flour tortillas (depending on the size – I used Tesco kids ones!)
- Lettuce / green salad leaves
- Lime wedges
A very tasty quick meal if you are in a rush. Just add more chilli to give it a real kick!
Heat 1 tsp of oil in a large non stick frying pan (I use my Marks & Spencer non stick wok) over a high heat until the oil is smoking.
Add the peppers and onion and stir fry until charred (about 5 minutes). Remove to a plate and heat the remaining oil, again until smoking. Add the chicken or turkey strips and fry for a couple of minutes until golden and just cooked through. Add the pepper mix back in along with the garlic, spices and herbs (if using fresh parsley leave until the end). Stir fry for a couple of minutes to cook the spices. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add the fresh parsley (if using).
Serve with the salsa, yoghurt/sour cream and guacamole. How do you eat yours?!