- 250g pack of cooked beetroot (3-4 medium beets)
- 110ml Flora cuisine
- 200g bar plain chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g unrefined golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
With almost half the fat of normal chocolate brownies, these are a much less guilty pleasure, they still have that intense chocolate hit that you need every now and then!
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Spray a little oil into a 20 x 30cm traybake or small roasting tin and line with baking paper.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water.
- Put the beetroot, Flora Cuisine, vanilla and melted chocolate into a food processor and whizz until the mix is as smooth as you can get it.
- Put the sugar and eggs into a large bowl, then beat using an electric hand whisk until thick, pale and foamy (should take 3-4 mins).
- Spoon the beetroot mix into the bowl, then use a large metal spoon to fold it into the whisked eggs.
- Try to conserve as much air in the mixture as you can then Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold it all together to make a smooth batter.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 25 mins or until risen all over.
- It’s ready when you can see the merest quiver under the centre of the crust when you shake the pan.
- Cool completely in the tin, then cut into squares & enyoy!