- 500g carton of low fat custard
- 100g dark chocolate (I used Green & Black's Maya Gold)
- To serve:
- Combine a mix of the following fruit to give you 2 portions of fruit each:
- Oranges, segemented plus cut the zest into strips to decorate
- Bananas, peeled and sliced
- Strawberries, halved if large
- Cherries, destoned (or used tinned in fruit juice, drained)
- Pineapple, quartered, decored and cut into chunks
A healthier way to enjoy fondue by combining the chocolate with low fat custard. The result is far less sickly, meaning you can eat the whole lot and use all your fruit dippers! As an added bonus, it’s super-quick.
Pour the custard into a microwaveable jug and ping for 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped chocolate and stir to melt. Pour into individual ramekins or tea cups. Decorate each serving with the orange zest.
Serve with a selection of fruit dippers.
If you haven’t got fondue forks, use wooden kebab skewers to dip the fruit into the chocolate.