- 2 pork loin steaks (approx 130g each), trimmed of visable fat
- 2-3 tsp Jerk seasoning (depending how hot you like it)
- 2 small sweet potatoes (about 400g in total), cut into thick wedges
- Spray oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the salsa:
- 1/2 pineapple, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- Small handful of mint, chopped
- To serve:
- Mixed colourful salad
- Extra light mayonnaise
- Low fat fruity salad dressing
Meat with fruit is a classic combination. The fresh fruity salsa and sweet potatoes both count towards your SixFix.
Preheat your oven to 180 degress C.
Line a baking tray with baking paper (or use a reliably non-stick baking tray). Place the potato wedges on the tray and spritz with spray oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a shallow dish rub the jerk seasoning into the pork steaks and set aside whilst you make the salsa.
Combine all the ingredients for the salsa in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
When the wedges have had their initial 10 minutes, remove the tray and turn the wedges over. Sprinkle the other side with pepper and give another spritz of oil. Place the pork on a small baking tray and add to the oven with the wedges. Cook for 15 minutes, turning the pork halfway through.
Serve the pork steak with the wedges, the pineapple salsa and a colourful salad.
Alternatively, the pork and wedges can be cooked on the barbecue. The pork will only need about 5 minutes on each side. The wedges will need a slightly cooler part of the barbecue and will take about 20 minutes. You could parboil the wedges for 5 minutes first to ensure they will be soft inside.