- 225g can red or pink salmon (skinless and boneless), drained
- 300g can new potatoes in water, drained
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs or 30g dried natural breadcrumbs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Spray oil
- To serve:
- 3 tbsp extra light mayonnaise
- Zest of 1/2 a lemon
- Lemon wedges
- Green salad
- Low fat salad dressing
Enjoy these quick little fishcakes as a lunch or lighter main. Serve with a large salad to add to your SixFix.
If you’re using fresh breadcrumbs, begin by spreading them out on a plate to allow them them to dry.
Placed the drained potatoes in a bowl and crush with a fork. Mix in the salmon, spring onions, dill and black pepper. Then mix in enough beaten egg to bind. You want the mixture to be held together, not sloppy.
Divide the mixture into 4 fishcakes. Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl and coat each cake on both sides.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan and spritz generously with spray oil. Add the fishcakes and fry for about 5-7 minutes on each side, until golden on the outside and hot on the inside.
Mix the mayonnaise with the lemon zest. Serve the fishcakes with the lemon mayo, lemon wedges and a large green salad.